Sunday 25 August 2013

♥52 weeks of happy♥ 34/52

Hello Lovelies,
thank you all so much for your super kind comments on my holiday posts.
We have been very fortunate to enjoy a second seaside break this week, this time with my lovely mum.
Many of you will be aware she was seriously ill following major surgery back in June.
When she was out of hospital we booked this break to give her a goal ....something to look forward to and aim for.
I did worry that she would still be too weak to enjoy it, but THANKFULLY I was wrong. Though she still has limited mobility mum had a great time, as did we.

I won't do a holiday journal like I did for Cornwall, but, if it's O.K. with you, I think I will share some of the many gorgeous photos I took in a few months time.
When it's cold and dark, in the depths of winter. I know I will enjoy reliving those warm sunny seaside days....and sharing then with you all.
In the mean time here are my simple joys from another happy week.....

1. My Beach Boys...all three sons and hubby love the beach which makes for a relaxing time for me.....


2. A great time for the traditional British seaside resort. Cromer is a destination we have visited many times over several years. This time it looked particularly lovely and was busier than we have ever known it............I'm sure the great summer weather has helped..........


3. Outdoor creativity. As my boys enjoy the beach so much I get the luxury of large chunks of time on the beach to do as I please, whether it's doing simple sketches of  them having fun..........


or playing with yarn........


this was a great fun project. One that just evolved as I went along..........


It's a seaside bird, based on Lucy's Bird I made a few years back. Of course I didn't have the pattern ( no mobile internet for me yet ) , but I could sort of remember how to make a flat circle. I knew I wanted it to have lots of seaside colours in it's wings, so after playing around for a bit I decided to go for single crochet stripes.....

there were a LOT of ends to sew in , then I neatened the edges with blanket stitch.

I even had some glass eyes in my little tin. And I looked at the seagulls on it's lid to get the inspiration for the legs, with their knobbly knees................



Here is Sheri ( short for Sheringham) the seagull  ....Eldest was  kind enough to help me capture her in her natural environment , we did attract a few giggles from passers by :0)



Now she is a long way from the sea , but I think she looks happy anyway........


4. Picking flowers from my garden as soon as we got home. It was the first thing I did , after saying hello to Sparkle the rabbit..........


I feel very fortunate to have enjoyed two family holidays this summer.
 It was wonderful to see mum enjoying herself after all she has gone through this year. And right now it's lovely to be home :0)
Jacquie x

27 comments:

  1. Jacquie,

    Glad to know your mother is doing well.
    You're right. Summer memories pulls me through the dead of winter and hopeful of a colorful spring. I love your garden. It must feel heavenly to walk on grass barefoot, or sit and crochet/draw in the shade amidst the flowers. I see your sweet peas flower in the summer too. Mine hasnt flowered at all. I am hoping the cool fall weather would give me some sweet peas. Thanks for sharing your life with me, I really love reading your posts.

    Sapna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your seagull ... Such fun. He needs alf a pasty in his mouth if he has been visiting Padstow!!
    I have never been to Cromer but it looks a lovely place but the best bit of it all is knowing that your Mum managed to enjoy your break too. Wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear your Mum is getting better and that you enjoyed your time here in Norfolk. It was carnival week in Cromer this week which is always the busiest week of the year but such fun.
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely! So glad you had a good time and your Mum was well enough to enjoy it too! Love the seagull and she will be a lovely reminder of your holiday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you all enjoyed your holiday and that your mum could enjoy it too!

    http://thisdaytodaylife.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad to read that your Mum had the strength to enjoy the holiday. I was just down the road today at Hunstanton, and yes it is unbelievably busy this year. Have a wonderful week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jacquie. I'm so glad you had this break with your Mum. I bet she enjoyed it loads. The older i get the more special i think family time is. Your bird is the nicest i've seen! Do you mind if i copy your idea and make one for my bathroom? I can just see it next to 61a's boat! Jenny is doing good. I'm long overdue doing a post but i will this week. Much love xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your seagull. Even if I don't like the real thing!
    Glad to hear you had a good time with your mum and she was well enough to enjoy it.
    Enjoy the rest of your Bank Holiday weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the seagull! love the dangly legs =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope that you and your Mum had a great time and made some happy memories together. Love the seagull, he looked right at home by the sea, but I am sure that he will be happy at home with you too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had wonderful time. Your seagull is so cute! such a great holiday make and how lovely to see him hanging at home.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jacquie, it's grand to see this post re your post-holiday time. I am happy to hear that your mom is doing well. Also fun to see your crocheted sea bird that was actually crocheted by the sea. In some strange way, I feel as if that bird connects with one of my favorite DK wool sweaters that was mostly knit, years and years ago, flying back to NYC from London.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your gull, it is very cute.
    How lovely your mum is making a good recovery. The time by the seaside would have done her a world of good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous seagull! Love those wings!!!!!

    Glad you had a good time with your family.

    Penny
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's does sound like such a very relaxing hol. I'm glad your mum enjoyed it too. I hope that she feels much better soon and gets back on her feet.
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Crikey Jacquie those flowers from your garden are wonderful - I've got just about zilch at the moment! Good news about your mum - how lucky she is to have such a wonderful caring family x Jane

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your seagull is lovely, Jacquie! And I´m happy your Mum and family are fine!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Greatto hear that your mum enjoyed the holiday and that she is well. Fabulous seaside bird inspiration Jacquie, he looks rather happy gliding through the air in those pics. Nothing like a little outdoor crochet photo taking to get people nattering and wondering :o) Hope this coming week is just as fabulous x Penny

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so glad to hear your Mum is doing well Jacquie - a big relief for you and family - and I do love your Sheri, she's so very cute, and well done without the pattern too!
    Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your seagull, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  21. what a perfect holiday momento! so nice to holiday with your Mum! Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Jacquie,Sheri is lovely and looks happy even though she's not at the sea anymore!!!Glad your Mom enjoyed the holiday too!!!Yep!!It's always good to be back home again!!!Have a great day!!!
    Love
    AMarie

    ReplyDelete
  23. So pleased to hear that your mum was better than you expected. It sounds like you had a lovely time and I can't wait to see some of the pics when things are a bit darker and colder, it sounds like a great plan. Love your cute little seagull, what a lovely holiday souvenir. I just got home and picking some flowers is the perfect way to welcome yourself back home. Yours look lovely xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm really pleased to hear that your mum was well enough to enjoy your break together. And I love the seagull - he looks just right in the window!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I absolutely adore your little stripey winged seagull! I just got back from a beach side vacation myself and knew this would be a perfect souvenir. Thank-you for the wonderful idea!
    Jenn@JennsCraftyWorld

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.